On our boating and fishing lake
The Yacht Club
Our luxury lakeside yacht club is available for exclusive hire, set within a 1,500 acre estate. Owned by the Montgomery family, world famous for their Cheddar cheese. A stunning timber building down by the lake which has two levels with spacious, airy rooms.
There is a built in bar upstairs and large balcony overlooking the water. The Yacht Club can sleep up to four on the first floor – two in a double bedroom and another two on a small sofa bed in an adjacent room. This is ideal for small families. There are also kayaks, canoes, paddle boards and pedalos for you to use out on the lake.
Large decking area adjacent to the lake, perfect for daytime activities or evening drinks receptions.
We are also close to the A303, an hour from Bristol or Bath and just 1 hour 40 minutes direct train from central London. Our breathtaking rural setting includes Cadbury Hill Fort (the legendary home of King Arthur’s Camelot).
- Company team building days
- Daytime events and parties
- Leadership programmes and management meetings
- Awards and recognition events
- Celebrations, birthdays and anniversaries
- First floor bar, with balcony overlooking the lake
- Ground floor function room with concertina doors, opening out to decking and pontoon
- Fully fitted kitchen with catering fridge, large oven and two dishwashers
- Cutlery, crockery, glassware for up to 60 guests
- Three lavatories
- Three shower rooms
- Bar area
- PA system throughout the whole building