Welcome to The Yacht Club
A luxury lakeside yacht club in Somerset available for exclusive hire, set within a 1,500 acre estate. Owned by the Montgomery family, world famous for their Cheddar cheese. A stunning timber building down by the lake which has two levels with spacious, airy rooms.
There is a built in bar upstairs and large balcony overlooking the water. The Yacht club can sleep up to 4 people on the first floor – 2 people in a double bedroom and another 2 on a small sofa bed in an adjacent room. This is ideal for small families. There are also kayaks, canoes, paddle boards and pedalos for you to use out on the lake.
Large decking area adjacent to the lake, perfect for daytime activities or evening drinks receptions.
We are also close to the A303, an hour from Bristol or Bath and just 1 hour 40 mins direct train from central London. Our breathtaking rural setting includes Cadbury Hill Fort (the legendary home of King Arthur’s Camelot).
The Yacht Club is available all year round for:
- Company team building days
- Daytime events and parties
- Leadership programmes & management meetings
- Awards and recognition events
- Christmas parties (Nov – March)
- Celebrations, birthdays and anniversaries
- Ideal for camping
The Yacht Club has the following facilities:
- 1st floor bar, with balcony overlooking the lake
- Ground floor function room with concertina doors, opening out to decking and pontoon
- Fully fitted kitchen with catering fridge, large oven & 2 dishwashers
- Cutlery, Crockery, Glassware for up to 80 guests
- 3 toilets
- 3 shower rooms
- Bar area, available to use
- PA system throughout the whole building